Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh, Delhi

Initially, I intended my next blost to be about the five weeks of happenings since my last update, but recent events (i.e., the bombings in Delhi) have changed the course. Shit, man. Last night the five bombs killed over twenty and wounded over one hundred. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm okay.
I was in a bar watching Manchester United v. Liverpool when the news came that one of the blasts was just a block away and two others were three blocks away. No one seemed to panic, but slowly the bar emptied. I found one of the few available autorickshaws and took it directly back to my hotel, which is, fortunately, away from the center of town.
I'm leaving here tomorrow. Best to all who are affected by this.
Here are a few pictures taken by Yoko Kubota during our two weeks of travel:

Morning on the Ganges in Benaras

Sunset in Kalimpong


I'm nervous and excited about my next blost.

No comments: